mercoledì 10 dicembre 2008

Lesson 12th november 2008

Presentation

1.Preparation

-objectives(aim of your talk)
-audience
-content(to give important information)
-organization(clear,logical)
-visual information(computers,slide,no too much information in the time)
-practise(confidence,timing,resolve problems)

2.Delivery

-nervous
-voice(to speak not quickly but slowly)
-body language(eyes contact,confidence,relax,no ready presentation)
-visual information
-questions(to answer the questions in the polite and diplomatic language)

Grammar

Present Perfect and Past Simple

Present perfect simple: have/has + past participle (worked, seen, etc..)

-past experiences
· I’ve been to London, but I haven’t been to Oxford.
· She’s never met his ex-wife.
-recent past action
· I’ve cut my finger!
· He’s just arrived at the airport.
-with yet and already (for emphasis)
· I’ve already done my homework. Can I watch TV?
· Have you finished yet?
-unfinished states (non-action verbs) which start in the past and still true now
· They’ve known each other for 10 years.
· How long have they been married? Since 2004.

Present perfect or past simple?
-Use the present perfect when there is a connection between the past and the present.
-Use the past simple to ask or talk about finished actions in the past, when the time is mentioned or understood. We often use a past time expression, e. g. January, last week, etc..

EXERCISE PAGE 15 NUMBER 3a (workbook)

Evidence the correct answer

1. My best friend inherited / has inherited a lot of money last month.
2. We have used/used the same bank for the last ten years and don’t want to change.
3. Have you paid/Did you pay back the money yet?
4. I took/have taken € 100 out of the cash machine this morning.
5. Have you ever had/Did you ever have problems with a friend about money?
6. I’ve called/I called the bank yesterday and they are going to give us the loan.
7. The company hasn’t given/didn’t give us a pay rise last year.
8. When did she borrow/has she borrowed the money from you?
9. We only parked/have parked the car an hour ago but they’ve charged us for two hours!
10. I have never owed/never owed money to the bank.

EXERCISE PAGE15 NUMBER 3b (workbook)

Complete the dialogues with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. A. How long have you had your camera?(have)
B. Not long. I bought it about two months ago. (buy)
2. A. I went shopping at the new mall on Saturday. Have you been there yet?(go, be)
B. No, I haven’t had time yet. Did you buy anything?(not have, buy)
3. A. My parents have known each for 55 years-since they were eight years old!(know)
B. Where did they meet?(meet)
A. At school. They were in the same class. (be)
4. A. Jim has just got a new digital TV. It cost him a fortune.(just/get, cost)
B. Really? I thought he didn’t have any money.(think, not have)
A. Haven’t you heard? He won €10000 on the lottery last week.(not hear, win)
5. A. Have you done your homework yet?(do)
B. Yes, I did it this morning, on the bus to school.(do)

DISCUSSIO TOPIC FOUR: DO THE LAWYERS MAKE GOOD POLITICIANS?

A black man that wins the President Election means that the American dream can become reality, but if this black man is a lawyer too, it means that intelligence, competent and equality are united. I think that a lawyer can make a good politician better than other person because he has a good knowledge of the law united to the practice. The practice is very important because it is necessary to have readiness, to be enterprising but it’s true too, that everyone is able in the sector in which he is prepared so the knowledge of the law is very important.




1 commento: